2020 Closure Calendar
Tuesday, December 31, 2019 by Michael Garcia | Uncategorized
June Newsletter - Gradual Return To In-Person Lessons - Virtual Showcase
Monday, June 1, 2020 by Michael Garcia | Uncategorized
Good afternoon OOTWMS families,
On May 5th, Out of this World Music School turned 10 years old! We are incredibly grateful for the decade of music behind us and so excited for the decades ahead. While we wish we could have had a big celebration with you all, we are thankful to have been able to continue sharing music with so many of you virtually. From the absolute bottom of our hearts, thank you for your support and patronage.
Since our last newsletter and the announcement from the governor that we may return at limited capacity, we have had significant requests to resume in person lessons. We understand that our students and their families are in different places and we assure you that every effort will be made to accommodate. Out of this World Music School will be making a gradual return to in-person lessons effective June 15th! Virtual lessons will still be available. We plan to keep virtual lessons as a permanent option for any student and for any reason. For those who are ready to return, we ask that you respect the new rules while we transition back and follow the guidelines of the CDC. Please review the details below and let us know if you/your child(ren) will be returning to in-person lessons or remaining on virtual lessons. Of course, if you are ill, not feeling well or have been in contact with anyone who is ill please stay home. You can either take that lesson virtually or be issued a makeup credit for the future.
Students may choose to resume in-person lessons or continue taking virtual lessons with the following exceptions:
For those who are interested in returning to in-person lessons:
- Singing lessons will only be held virtually at this stage.
- Woodwind lessons will only be held virtually at this stage.
- Ben Reichman, Cassandra Elese, Garrett Reeves, Josh Terry and Luz Zamora will only offer virtual lessons at this time. Their students may choose to continue with them virtually or change instructors if they prefer to resume in-person lessons. We will let students know when any of these instructors are planning to return.
- Brooke Harman will return June 22nd.
- Every person will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry.
- Masks will be required for all staff, students and parents/guardians. The CDC recommends children ages 2 and older wear a mask when in public.
- We will be conducting temperature screening checks on all staff and families entering the building. Individuals with an elevated temperature will not be permitted in the building and a makeup will be issued for the lesson.
- Only one parent/guardian will be allowed in the lobby per student. We ask that at this time, siblings and other children remain outside. No exceptions.
- Chairs will be limited and spaced apart.
- We ask that you wait in your car until the time of your lesson and leave promptly after the end of lesson.
- Instructors will be required to sanitize instruments and shared surfaces after each student.
- Instructors will be required to sanitize their hands after each student.
- The water dispenser will not be in use, please bring water for yourself/your child if needed.
- The candy machines will be removed from the lobby and candy/sticker "prizes" will be discontinued.
- Receptionists will be required to disinfect doorknobs, restrooms, counters and shared surfaces every hour.
- We will not have any toys, books, magazines, etc in the lobby.
- At no point will anyone be required to resume in-person lessons. It is the choice of each student and staff member whether or not to return. We respect every individual's choice.
- For now, music and assignments will be emailed to students/parents instead of using printouts.
- As we transition into hybrid lessons, you may be asked if you are willing to change your lesson time in order to limit capacity and maintain social distancing.
- If you have any scheduling requests (an earlier lesson time, a different location, etc) please include them in your response
- If a return to in person lessons is not suitable for you or your family at this time, that is perfectly fine and your lessons will remain virtual until such time that you wish to return. We want to stress that the return to in person lessons is optional.
Video submissions for the virtual showcase are due today
! We can not wait to see all of your performances!
- The recommended file type is .mp4 and we suggest sharing the video over skype to Michael Garcia (owner) at live:.cid.6fa62b09f2669425 or sharing a link to the drive file at lessons@ outofthisworldmusicschool.com
- The virtual showcase will premier LIVE on Sunday June 7th at 2:00pm. A link to a private YouTube will be sent out ahead of time. We encourage everyone to jump on, enjoy the show and if you see a performance you love please leave a comment for that performer!
- The video will remain available to watch after the live stream ends and at that time you will be able to fast forward/rewind.
- If you prefer not to have your/your child shown on screen (audio only), if you prefer not to have your/your child's name on screen or have any other concerns please email me and we will find a solution.
While things are weird in the world, music has the ability to give us hope and renewed energy. We are honored to share this musical connection with you and your family. From all the staff at Out of this World Music School we truly wish you all well being, health and personal success.
All the best,
The Staff@ Out of this World Music School
All lessons have been moved online through the end of March
Friday, March 20, 2020 by Michael Garcia | Uncategorized
In an effort to keep our students moving forward musically while following the social distancing guidelines established in our area, we have decided to move all
music lessons online through the end of March. As the likelihood of a temporary switch to online increased, we began working with every member of our staff to create an online lesson model that we are confident in. We are absolutely dedicated to providing the value of service that you have come to expect from our school. The decision was a difficult one to make, but we feel it is necessary to protect our students, staff and community. As a small, family owned business we and our staff ask that if all possible you maintain enrollment. We are happy to offer online classes or issue makeup credits that do not expire. Maintaining enrollment even if you are taking makeup credits will guarantee that your lesson day/time remains the same and will help ensure the future of the music school.
Classes will resume online as scheduled beginning Sunday 3/22 via SKYPE. Students can access Skype from a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone and it is a free service. Once you have created a Skype account, please link your Skype username to your student profile on mymusicstaff.com At your normal lesson time, you will receive a skype call from your instructor. If your schedule has changed and you'd like to reschedule your Skype lesson please email info@
outofthisworldmusicschool.com Please look at this guide below to help access online lessons:
Many of our students are likely to feel the strain from these times alongside a little boredom on the limit of normal activities. We feel that music lessons will allow everyone a small sense of normalcy in these times and provide an opportunity for productive learning. This is a great time for music to enhance the lives of our students and give them a voice to help them express the emotions that they are feeling. That being said, please feel free to schedule any makeup lessons you may have on hand if you would like some extra learning time.
From our family to yours, stay safe and be well!